It’s that time of year again… the Summer Competition!
This year, we’re excited to introduce Otis the Cuban Land Snail and the launch of the 2020 #edsanimals photography competition: Ed’s Snail Mail!
It’s fair to say that Summer 2020 isn’t panning out quite as any of us had expected. Cancelled holidays, postponed events and rescheduled gatherings are becoming all-too-familiar as we move into the warmer months. But just because we aren’t physically together doesn’t mean that we can’t keep in touch with those closest to us. There’s nothing better than receiving a card, letter or care package and Ed’s Snail Mail is about sharing this joy of happy post!
This summer Kerry Lord is setting you the challenge to make Otis the Snail and then snap a photo of him with your local (or not so local) postbox and share it to Instagram or Facebook using #edssnailmail. Tag in @toft_uk for a chance to win an amazing bundle of TOFT goodies worth over £250 and spread some joy this summer.
With Cuban Land Snails being renowned for the bright colours of their shells, it’s the perfect chance to play with your favourite TOFT colours and fill up the #edssnailmail hashtag with a whole rainbow of snails sending letters all around the world!
Once you’ve picked your favourite two colours, all you need to do is order your kit, make your snail, and take a photo of him with a postbox. Sending a postcard, letter or parcel whilst you’re there is non-compulsory! But just in case you want to drop someone a quick message to say hi we’ve included a TOFT Snail Mail postcard inside this kit to make it easier than ever.
The Snail Mail Kit contains 25g of a bright colour of your choice and 25g of a natural colour of your choice, a printed postcard pattern, and a souvenir #edssnailmail postcard for posting all inside a tote bag. All you’ll need to get started is a 3mm crochet hook a length of black thread for the eyes, toy stuffing, and a sewing up needle.
If you're having trouble with any of the techniques used in making Otis, Kerry Lord has covered them all in a special Instagram Live video that you can watch here.
To be in with a chance of winning this year's Summer Competition, make sure that you share your photo of Otis on Instagram and/or Facebook before midnight, Sunday 6th September using the #edssnailmail and tag in @toft_uk.
- The TOFT Photo Competition is open to all - apart from anyone associated with the competition including employees (and their partners and family).
- Entries must be made via public accounts on Instagram or Facebook. There is no age or residency restriction on this competition - worldwide entries are welcome.
- This promotion is n no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram or Facebook
- All images submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them
- There is no limit to the number of entries per person. Each photograph will count as one entry.
- Closing date for entry will be midnight on 06/09/20. After this date, no further entries to the competition will be accepted.
- TOFT will notify the winner on or before 14/09/20.
- The Judge’s decision is final
- One entrant shall win a surprise bundle of TOFT products worth over £250
- Entrants must not do anything illegal and/or dangerous and/or that would put themselves or others at any risk.