With the help of Ava the Ladybird this year’s Summer Competition will be a celebration of all of our happiest places around the globe.
Ladybirds radiate happiness! These small insects are symbols of good fortune, joy and rebirth, with more appearing in our gardens and homes as the weather warms. This Summer we invite you to share your happy places, whether that be your favourite corner of the sofa to crochet on, your book shelf, a holiday, or spot in your garden. Although the 7-spot ladybird is the most common in the UK, we’ve designed nine different types of ladybird, playing with colour and spot formation, using three different sized spot patterns, so you can too. Your mix and match .pdf pattern gives you everything you need to create whichever type of ladybird makes you happy!
Snap a photo of your Ava the Ladybird in your happy place and share it with us on Instagram (@toft_uk) or Facebook (TOFT) using the hashtag edshappyplaces to be in with a chance of winning over £250 of TOFT goodies.
THIS KIT CONTAINS: 75g of TOFT's luxury DK pure wool - 25g Black, 25g Cream and 25g in a contrast colour of your choice - and a set of Black safety eyes, along with the rules for this year's Summer Competition.
Shown here using:
Contrast colour: 25g Ruby
The crochet pattern is provided digitally in .pdf format. You can download this from a link that will appear at the bottom of your order confirmation email and in your MY TOFT library. You can log in and re-download the pattern at your convenience.
YOU WILL NEED: To complete your ladybird you will need a few added extras including a 3mm crochet hook, toy stuffing, and a wool needle. Find everything you need in our haberdashery section.
MEASUREMENTS: When finished your ladybird will be approximately 13cm from head to tip of wings.
SKILL LEVEL 2: This kit is suitable for enthusiastic beginners or those who have crocheted before.
IT WILL TAKE: Approximately 1-5 hours crochet time.
All orders are hand-picked and packed by our team in Warwickshire into our fully recyclable and reusable packaging.
TOFT Summer Competition Terms and Conditions
- The TOFT Photo Competition is open to all - apart from anyone associated with the competition including employees (and their partners and family).
- Entries must be made via public accounts on Instagram or Facebook. There is no age or residency restriction on this competition – worldwide entries are welcome.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram or Facebook.
- All images submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them.
- There is no limit to the number of entries per person. Each photograph will count as one entry.
- Closing date for entry will be midnight on 05/09/22. After this date, no further entries to the competition will be accepted, although please feel free to continue to share your photos!
- TOFT will notify the winner on or before 13/09/22.
- The Judge’s decision is final.
- One entrant shall win a surprise bundle of TOFT products worth over £250.
- Entrants must not do anything illegal and/or dangerous and/or that would put themselves or others at any risk.